Last updated: 16/04/2018
- Data we collect
- What personal data do we share with third parties and who are they?
- Why do we share data outside of the EU
- How do we keep your personal data secure?
- Your rights
- About us
1. Data we collect
As a data controller we collect a variety of data in order to deliver our services. We use a service called PORT to ensure that we collect and manage your personal data transparently, fairly and securely. In general we collect the following data:
- data we have collected from you
- the basis on which we are holding it (e.g. because you gave us consent)
- what we will do with it
- how long we will hold it for
- where it is stored
- who it might be shared with
- your rights in relation to the data, and
- information on how you can access and manage this data.
We have provided further detail below about the specific types of data we collect and our reasons for doing so.
1.1. What data do we ask you to provide to us, and why?
We collect the following data:
- We use this data to: Set up user account, Send direct marketing, Provide goods or services
- We collect this data using the lawful basis: Contract
1.2. What data do we collect when you visit our website, and why?
We collect cookies. Cookies are small pieces of data that websites send to a user’s computer and are stored on the user’s web browser. They are designed to enable the website to remember information, such as what a user might have put in a shopping cart for example.
2. What personal data do we share with third parties and who are they?
We share personal data with the following third parties:
FreetoBook – Online Booking Engine – Data is not transfered outside of the European Economic Area.
MailChimp – Data is transfered outside of the European Economic Area to United States under the protection of EU/US Privacy Shield.
Stripe Payments Europe Limited – Data is not transfered outside of the European Economic Area.
There are certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
3. Why do we share data outside of the EU
We may transfer personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), for example if a third party we share data with has servers located outside of the EEA. If this is the case we will obtain your consent or otherwise ensure that the transfer is legal and your data is secure by following the EU’s guidelines.
You can see above where we send data outside of the EEA and on what basis we do so.
4. How do we keep your personal data secure?
We keep your data secure:
- by following internal policies of best practice and training for staff
- by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology when information is submitted to us online
In the unlikely event of a criminal breach of our security we will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data were involved in the breach, we shall also inform you.
6. Your rights
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- the right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
- the right to have any errors in your personal data rectified
- the right to have your personal data erased
- the right to block or suppressing the processing of your personal data
- the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another
- the right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and
- rights related to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
Since we use PORT, we are able to give you direct access to your personal data so that you can exercise the above rights.
We also give you the option to manage your data via:
While we do not hold personal data any longer than we need to, the duration will depend on your relationship with us.
7. About us
We are Wrea Head Holiday Cottage Llp and our address is Jws, Hopper Hill Road, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO11 3YS, England. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.